Tuesday 31 January 2012

Private Party!

So last Saturday I went out with a couple of friends to this hip new place! Lot's of sushi and cocktails and an overall great vibe! So all was going great, and there were little things which made the place even more unique, like having a doorman open the door, something small but cute! Until then I'd give the place a very good review. But then we went out the door and my friend, who was just behind me, came running saying she couldn't believe what she had just heard.  I though it would be some hamallata, but alas it wasn't.  My friend overheard the doorman telling two colored men that they couldn't enter because it was a private party.  Now we were just in there and we were 100% sure we weren't attending any party.  And I froze.  I looked back to see the two men and they were smartly dressed and perfectly suitable to go in, heck they probably looked smarter than half the people in there.  But yet they were not allowed in.  Even worse, they were lied to.

Now those who are Facebook users know that a chain whatever they call it on facebook  thing has been going round, a story about racism on a plane, and people have been posting it and being all ashamed, but last Saturday, this was happening right in front of several people's eyes (not mine because I would have definately said something) and nobody did anything.  Nobody said that as far as they know it wasn't a private party.  They just went on with their lives like nothing had happened.

I know racism exists, but I could not believe it actually occurs like that.  I'm not going to say much, we all know it's wrong. I'm not even going to comment on the fact that the owner, in my opinion looked less worthy of being their then the actual men who were refused to enter.

Needless to say, I'm never going there again!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment